Mon, Aug 24|
Beyond These Shores Pilgrimage
Bearer of Light 2020 Contemplative Celtic Christian Pilgrimage
This pilgrimage is for those who long to experience the 'height, depth, breadth, and width' of God's love, to be transformed by this love, and become redemptive agents of this love for the sake of the world.
Time & Location
Aug 24, 2020, 10:00 AM GMT+1 – Sep 03, 2020, 6:00 AM GMT+1
Beyond These Shores Pilgrimage, Lindisfarne, and Iona
About The Event
PILGRIMAGE TO LINDISFARNE, HOLY ISLAND AND IONA, SCOTLAND
Come Journey with Us as we travel to the sacred Thin Places of Lindisfarne (Holy Island), UK and Iona, Scotland. Together, in this sacred cradle of Christianity, we will explore the vast mystery of God’s grace and transforming love, that calls us Beyond These Shores of the familiar and comfortable to live more fully the life we've been created to live. It is where we listen for the answer to Mary Oliver’s question “what will you do with your one wild and precious life?”
Our experience weaves together hiking, heart opening questions, scriptures, prayers, hiking, times of solitude and silence, hiking, historical background, stories, sharing, laughter, and rest.
Aug 24 Arrive in Edinburgh airport and travel to Lindisfarne ( Holy Island ) before high tide.
Aug 24-Aug 29 Lindsfarne Hotel is our home for 5 nights.
While on Lindisfarne we will hike the Pilgrim Way, visit the Heritage Center, Priory ruins, LIndisfarne Castle, St. Mary's, Cuthbert's Island, take a boat to the Farne Island, and hike Cuthbert’s Way to his Cave.
Aug 29 we travel by coach and Ferry to the Island of Mull, and Ferry to the Island of Iona.
Aug 29- Sept 2 St. Columba Hotel for 4 nights
While on Iona we will explore the Heritage Center, Iona Abbey, the Nunnery, St Oran's chapel, hike to St Columba's Bay.
Sept 2 we say good bye to Iona, and depart for our Glasgow Airport Hotel, where we will have our last supper and closing session.
Sept 3 we depart for home
COST: $3,850.00 SPECIAL DISCOUNTS: $3,600.00 If paid in full by 9/1/2018
$3,700.00 with $395. registration fee by 9/1/2018
$400. discount per couple with $500 registration by 9/1/2018
Single Occupancy Supplement: Add $495 US to basic price
* IF PAYING ONLINE: Please add 2% web/paypal/credit card fee or pay by check with no fee added.
PILGRIMAGE PRICE INCLUDES:
• 4 star, ensuite accommodations:
Lindisfarne Hotel, and St. Columba Hotel, Iona
• Motor coach
• All scheduled sites, entrance fees, ferries, tour boat, guides, guest speakers, and materials.
• Meals: Breakfast and Dinners.
PILGRIMAGE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
• Your transportation to and from Scotland.
• Travel/medical insurance (supplement recommended)
• Tips for items of a personal nature (such as room service, beverages, meals, telephone and valet charges, etc.) are not included in the tour cost and are left to your own discretion.
• Group tip for bus drivers - Approx. 20 GBP per person. (suggested amount)
• Your transportation cost to meet the group if you arrive late on September 2nd, 2018 and miss the group departure from the airport.
• Fees for passports and visas; laundry; telephone calls; wine, liquor, mineral water; sightseeing and services other than those specifically mentioned; personal items; excess baggage: foreign airport taxes
• Some meals : Day 1 - B, L; Day 2-L ; Day 3 - L;
Day 4 - L; Day 5 - L, D; Day 6 – L; Day 7 - L;
Day 8 - L, D; Day 9 - L, D; Day 10 - L, D; Day 11 – L, D
(B= breakfast, L= lunch, D= dinner)
ALL PAYMENTS DUE TO:
Beyond These Shores: 980 Elsie Mae DR. Boulder Creek, CA 95006
A pre-pilgrimage travel kit will be shipped to you approximately 25 days prior to departure provided final payment has been received
$395 non-refundable deposit due upon receipt
of registration form. Send now to hold your place.
• November 1, 2018 – $1400 due
• February 1, 2019 – $1400 due
• June 1, 2019 – Balance due
• The application fee and deposit of $395 is non-refundable.
• January 2 to April 1, 2019 - cancellation fee: $1000
• After April 1, 2019 - cancellation fee: $2000
• After May 1, 2019 - cancellation fee: $3000
• After June 1, 2019 - No refund except as contracts with suppliers allow for doctor certified medical reasons.
Unused arrangements, services or features of any tour are not refundable or exchangeable unless agreed upon prior to departure.
Subject to availability and conditions, you may book a pilgrimage up to 14 days prior to departure. However, overnight delivery charges will be assessed when necessary to provide documents for late reservations as well as a late booking fee of $50 per booking.
Beyond These Shores Pilgrimage
SPECIAL DISCOUNT: $3,600.00 if paid in full by Sept. 1, 2018$3,850.00
Single room option$495.00